A Marketing Scientist helps design and implement a wide spectrum of research studies of varying complexity to answer marketing research objectives. They are the methodological "experts" in a variety of value-added services. In most cases, value-added services are advanced multivariate data analyses such as Partial Least Squares, Structural Equation Modeling, Generalized Linear Models, estimating Relative Importance, Discriminant analysis, Biplots, clustering algorithms, and conjoint analysis.
Ipsos offers custom research services, including concept and product testing, advertising testing, attitude and usage studies, brand equity and loyalty, volume forecasting, marketing models, shopper research, and kids research. Our organization provides information to our clients to help them make solid strategic and tactical marketing business decisions, ranging from brand equity management to new product optimization and roll-out.
Responsibilities of the Marketing Scientist:
- Contributes to long-term client relationships through the successful execution of value-added research
- Responsible for the analytical results of research studies; the practicality or actionability of results; and the value they add to the overall research results to the client's business and to Ipsos
- Responsible for working with client service teams to ensure the quality, profitability, and timeliness of each aspect of the study
- Responsible for training team members in all aspects of analytical design and execution
We are looking for a bright person with the following requirements:
- A Bachelor or Master degree majoring in Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Marketing, Psychology, or Economics with an analytic/research focus
- Broad technical competencies but must also have the mathematical/statistical foundation upon which they are based
- Able to translate complex statistical analyses into laymen’s terms and provide solid, actionable insights that solve clients’ business problems; succinctly summarizing findings so implementers can run with them
- An outstanding academic achievements (GPA of at least 3.25) as you will be working with colleagues who graduated top of their class from both overseas and local universities
- A good working knowledge of R or S-Plus and SPSS Syntax is a must
- Excellent familiarity with advanced statistical methods
- A good working knowledge on sampling technique is a big advantage
- Excellent analytical skills and communication skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Previous experience in market research is an advantage, not necessary
- A “spread your wings” opportunity for current DP / Data Analysis / Statistician
- A person who keeps striving for excellence and who is not easily satisfied with the current achievement!
If you have the above qualities we are looking for and are serious about developing a career in international market research, we would be delighted to talk to you. We offer a team environment that recognizes and rewards individual achievements. Please email a detailed resume along with a cover letter by March 1, 2012 to email@example.com with “Marketing Scientist – YOUR NAME” as the email subject. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.